The aims and outcomes of a typical Hoist Training course would be to provide training in procedures for moving and handling people using hoists. Knowledge of the different types of hoists and slings available and the principles of safe handling when using them. Participants will learn safe moving and handling techniques and about current legislation concerning health and safety.
- Current Legislation
- Knowledge of the different types of hoists and slings
- Practical Session
By the end of the course, participants will have received training in the use of hoists and slings.
Who is the course for?
For anybody supporting people using hoists.
Participants must have attended a full day Manual Handling Training Course.
Where is the course delivered?
- At your location for groups up to 6 participants
- At locations across the midlands
Do participants get a certificate?
Yes upon successful completion participants will be awarded a certificate in Hoist Training, which is valid for 1 year.
Duration of course?
Cost of course?
£180 for groups of up to 6 delegates £30.00 per person on open courses
- Health unions to ballot on strikesTwo key health unions are to ballot their members in England on industrial action, including strikes, over pay. […]
- FGM parents to face prosecutionParents will face prosecution if they fail to prevent their daughters undergoing female genital mutilation or forced marriage under new measures being announced. […]
- VIDEO: Clegg vows action to stop FGMNew measures aimed at ending female genital mutilation within a generation will be announced at a global summit in London. […]
- VIDEO: New measures to tackle FGMParents who allow their daughters to be subjected to female genital mutilation will face prosecution under new legislation. […]
- VIDEO: NHS tests patient monitoring patchA patch the size of a plaster is to be tested by the NHS as a new way of continuously monitoring a patient's heart rate, breathing and temperature. […]