The aims and outcomes of a typical Hoist Training course would be to provide training in procedures for moving and handling people using hoists. Knowledge of the different types of hoists and slings available and the principles of safe handling when using them. Participants will learn safe moving and handling techniques and about current legislation concerning health and safety.
- Current Legislation
- Knowledge of the different types of hoists and slings
- Practical Session
By the end of the course, participants will have received training in the use of hoists and slings.
Who is the course for?
For anybody supporting people using hoists.
Participants must have attended a full day Manual Handling Training Course.
Where is the course delivered?
- At your location for groups up to 6 participants
- At locations across the midlands
Do participants get a certificate?
Yes upon successful completion participants will be awarded a certificate in Hoist Training, which is valid for 1 year.
Duration of course?
Cost of course?
£180 for groups of up to 6 delegates £30.00 per person on open courses
- VIDEO: Many drivers fail roadside drug testsHalf of drivers pulled over by police in some regions are failing drugs tests, according to new figures. […]
- VIDEO: Vicar who contracted HIV after attackReverend Hayley Young who contracted HIV through a non-sexual attack speaks to the Victoria Derbyshire programme. […]
- The myth of bad British teethThe myth that British teeth are bad […]
- Brain injury: Stories of changed livesStories of lives changed through brain injury […]
- Cold sore virus 'treats skin cancer'A genetically engineered version of a virus that normally causes cold sores shows real promise for treating skin cancer, say researchers. […]