The aims and outcomes of a typical Hoist Training course would be to provide training in procedures for moving and handling people using hoists. Knowledge of the different types of hoists and slings available and the principles of safe handling when using them. Participants will learn safe moving and handling techniques and about current legislation concerning health and safety.
- Current Legislation
- Knowledge of the different types of hoists and slings
- Practical Session
By the end of the course, participants will have received training in the use of hoists and slings.
Who is the course for?
For anybody supporting people using hoists.
Participants must have attended a full day Manual Handling Training Course.
Where is the course delivered?
- At your location for groups up to 6 participants
- At locations across the midlands
Do participants get a certificate?
Yes upon successful completion participants will be awarded a certificate in Hoist Training, which is valid for 1 year.
Duration of course?
Cost of course?
£180 for groups of up to 6 delegates £30.00 per person on open courses
- The mystery of India's unrecorded deathsInvestigating India's unrecorded deaths […]
- Church urges assisted dying inquiryThe Church of England seeks an inquiry into assisted dying as an ex-Archbishop of Canterbury backs a bill that would allow terminally ill people get help to end their lives. […]
- Assisted dying: One family's experienceOne family's experience of assisted dying […]
- VIDEO: Study sparks organic foods debateScientists argue over the merits of a review which concludes that organic foods have higher levels of antioxidants and lower levels of pesticide residues. […]
- Young people explain psychosisYoung people explain psychosis on film […]