The aims and outcomes of a typical Hoist Training course would be to provide training in procedures for moving and handling people using hoists. Knowledge of the different types of hoists and slings available and the principles of safe handling when using them. Participants will learn safe moving and handling techniques and about current legislation concerning health and safety.
- Current Legislation
- Knowledge of the different types of hoists and slings
- Practical Session
By the end of the course, participants will have received training in the use of hoists and slings.
Who is the course for?
For anybody supporting people using hoists.
Participants must have attended a full day Manual Handling Training Course.
Where is the course delivered?
- At your location for groups up to 6 participants
- At locations across the midlands
Do participants get a certificate?
Yes upon successful completion participants will be awarded a certificate in Hoist Training, which is valid for 1 year.
Duration of course?
Cost of course?
£180 for groups of up to 6 delegates £30.00 per person on open courses
- VIDEO: Big rise in medical trial volunteersThe number of patients taking part in clinical trials in England has trebled in five years. […]
- Big rise in medical trial volunteersThe number of people volunteering for clinical trials - including one into typhoid - has trebled over the last five years. […]
- Chemical 'makes us scratch itches'Researchers find a chemical necessary to feel the urge to scratch an itch […]
- Higher IQ link to good concentrationPeople with higher IQs are faster at detecting small moving objects but slower at noticing larger background ones, say US researchers. […]
- Some statins 'raise diabetes risk'Some drugs taken to protect the heart may increase the risk of developing Type-2 diabetes, according to researchers in Canada. […]