The aims and outcomes of a typical Hoist Training course would be to provide training in procedures for moving and handling people using hoists. Knowledge of the different types of hoists and slings available and the principles of safe handling when using them. Participants will learn safe moving and handling techniques and about current legislation concerning health and safety.
- Current Legislation
- Knowledge of the different types of hoists and slings
- Practical Session
By the end of the course, participants will have received training in the use of hoists and slings.
Who is the course for?
For anybody supporting people using hoists.
Participants must have attended a full day Manual Handling Training Course.
Where is the course delivered?
- At your location for groups up to 6 participants
- At locations across the midlands
Do participants get a certificate?
Yes upon successful completion participants will be awarded a certificate in Hoist Training, which is valid for 1 year.
Duration of course?
Cost of course?
£180 for groups of up to 6 delegates £30.00 per person on open courses
- Ebola outbreak cases pass 10,000The number of cases in the Ebola outbreak passes 10,000, with 4,922 deaths, the World Health Organization's latest report says. […]
- AUDIO: Ebola health worker's audio diary fearsDr Geraldine O'Hara, an infectious diseases specialist from Huddersfield, has recorded a series of audio diaries while she is in Sierra Leone. […]
- Cancer-killing cells made in the labScientists from Harvard Medical School have discovered a way of turning stem cells into killing machines to fight brain cancer. […]
- Ashya's family 'unsafe for UK return'The family of Ashya King say they will not yet return to the UK following his treatment in Prague as they do not feel safe to do so. […]
- VIDEO: Ashya King 'has really come along'Ashya King's father said his son "has really come along" while under going proton beam therapy in Prague. […]