The aims and outcomes of a typical Hoist Training course would be to provide training in procedures for moving and handling people using hoists. Knowledge of the different types of hoists and slings available and the principles of safe handling when using them. Participants will learn safe moving and handling techniques and about current legislation concerning health and safety.
- Current Legislation
- Knowledge of the different types of hoists and slings
- Practical Session
By the end of the course, participants will have received training in the use of hoists and slings.
Who is the course for?
For anybody supporting people using hoists.
Participants must have attended a full day Manual Handling Training Course.
Where is the course delivered?
- At your location for groups up to 6 participants
- At locations across the midlands
Do participants get a certificate?
Yes upon successful completion participants will be awarded a certificate in Hoist Training, which is valid for 1 year.
Duration of course?
Cost of course?
£180 for groups of up to 6 delegates £30.00 per person on open courses
- 'Withdraw' major stem cell findingsA Japanese scientist behind a seemingly groundbreaking stem cell study says the findings should be withdrawn amid doubts over its quality. […]
- England sees surge of scarlet feverEngland is seeing a resurgence of scarlet fever with the number of cases reaching a 24-year high, figures reveal. […]
- AUDIO: 'Why I would take Alzheimer's test'US scientists say a blood test can predict the onset of Alzheimer's disease, with 90% accuracy. […]
- The 'cursed' women living in shameLiving in misery with a condition that's curable - if surgery were available […]
- Intensive care unit cleaning 'poor'Health inspectors seek a string of improvements after finding poor cleaning practices in a hospital's intensive care unit. […]